Destiny is defined as a predestined course of events considered as something beyond human power. Everyone has a destiny to fulfill in Christ but not everyone fulfills their destiny. You have God directed purpose in life the question is, Are you fulfilling it or are you satisfied back at the camp?
Your destiny is God’s divine agenda on your life, for your everyday experience. It is the assignment God has created you for. Jeremiah 1:5 says “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Therefore anyone created by God is set apart and appointed by God for a particular thing.
David was destined to be king but there was a giant that stood in the way of him reaching his destiny. David had a choice to make either run away or believe God for a victory. He was not facing Goliath with only a sling but he was matching into this battle to obtain his destiny with the power of the almighty God. God planned perfection for each one of us. Things are supposed to be perfect for every human creation of God. A destiny in divine order attracts all sorts of blessings. When your destiny is on track, as purposed by God certain things characterize it:-
· Things are said ‘to be working’
· Before your knees touch the ground to ask God for supply, the supply has been provided.
· When you are working and operating in divine destiny, it is virtually impossible for the enemy or his agents to hinder you. The enemy may slow you (while God Himself is trying to build you up for the task ahead) but they cannot stop you. 1st John 4:4 says “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
· When you are in divine destiny God is always being glorified and Jesus is visibly at the center
But many of us may not show the characteristics mentioned above. In fact many of us, our experience are exact opposite of those things listed above. It maybe you are living in scarcity (does not only mean wealth). There is that something that is scarce in your life e.g. peace, joy, love in your family etc. it also maybe there is death of testimonies (Do you usually watch others come out during services to give testimonies and wonder when your time will come?
Then how do we position ourselves to obtain our destiny?
1. Identify what is your destiny
Many do not even know what is their divine destiny. They don’t know in which the vehicle they are passengers in is headed.
· Get to a quiet place
You need to get to a place of quiet, secret place and spend time in the presence of God. In that period remind God of His promise in Jeremiah 33:3.
· Ask Him literally like (Job 33:15-17) do not beat around the bush.
· Seek counsel from anointed and genuine men of God
2. Face your giants
Many people allow obstacles to keep them from reaching their destiny. 1st Samuel 17:4-8, describes how Goliath was best suited “his armor was the best, his size was enormous, his ability was unmatched. You should always remember that Satan uses intimidation tactic (you are nothing, you are powerless, you are not going to make it). The intimidation is to scare you from every attempt to obtain your destiny. God allows giants in the path of our destiny so that we can see the depth of our faith and commitment to Him. God has called you to face your Giants, but not in your own abilities but His power. Romans 8:31 “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?. You need to remind them (Giants) of the God you serve.
3. Equip yourself with the word. Note that the plan of God for your destiny is easily found in the word of God. So you have to jumpstart your study of God’s word.
4. Increase your intensity on your prayer life and your daily association with God. This is because even when you have discovered your destiny, it is required for you to receive directions from God from time to time..
5. Wait on the holy spirit to lead the way. Do not be like Saul (1st Samuel 15:10-30)